Is It Good If I Submit Same Article to Different Article Directories?

Friday, August 8, 2008

When I started working with my previous employer as a virtual assistant, I find the job challenging. Although it was paying very less compared to the market standard, I thought it would be worth investing time. Well, to think like that, there are few reasons of course. First of all, when I joined my previous employer, he told me that he had a long nine years of experience as an Internet Marketer. Needless to say, I was much impressed with this simple phrase and didn’t bother much about verifying the truth and credibility behind such a statement, as I had a very little experience on this virtual space.

When time passed by, I was growing with my gray matter, I found many discrepancies. In fact, there were too many, such as when I was trying to locate his blog on Google, I found nothing using the command site: yourdomain.com, when I asked him about it and asked whether he submitted his blog following the ‘add URL’ link in the Google, he responded like he was hearing the subject for the first time in his life. Needless to say, I started getting surprised from that very point.

One day he gave me a task. The task was to register to 10-12 article directories. So I did and sent him the registration information. To my surprise, I found him giving me 3-4 articles to submit in each directory. Surprising, isn’t it? Yes I was surprised and disappointed too. How come nine years experienced online marketer can do the same thing that many ‘new’ marketers actually do?

Truly it is highly discouraged to submit the same article to different article directories again and again. When you are writing an article, and submitting it to one directory, well, it is definitely good to search engine, because it is unique. But it is not good if you are submitting it again to another directory, because this time it is a duplicate content.

Needless to say, standard search engines like Google hate listing duplicate contents. They can penalize you for that and so they can do to the article directories that care to display duplicate contents. This is why you can see that an increasing number of standard article directories are now refusing to accept duplicate contents, no matter even if it is submitted by the same individual.

So, it is important to alter your articles fairly a bit if you would like to pass it as not being traced as a duplicate content before you submit it to other directories. There are many article spinning software and you can use anyone of them gracefully to give a slight alteration touch to your articles. Play safe with your articles. After all, your motto is to earn money or get noticed through the search engines, not being penalized. Right?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's some useful tips here in this post: worth subscribing to. Another useful post I found on the same subject (well allied to it) may be found under the title How Search Engines Work.

Followers