5 Myths about Work at Home Career

Sunday, November 2, 2008

You might have heard so many great benefits of work at home career. But do you really think that all of them are true? Here are 5 myths about work at home career.

1. I have the highest freedom: Wrong! You have lots of bindings. In fact, self discipline can make you sometimes totally restricted. You have to go through real strict schedule that is sometimes not so prevalent in a 9-to-5 job.

2. I have to only obey myself: Wrong! You have to obey your clients. Sometimes they are simply unbearable. Their requirement can sometimes drain all your energy. You have to OBEY them.

3. My schedule is flexible: Yes, it is. But it might be sometimes an 18 long hour job in a day, if you can't manage your schedule properly. Once I missed my cousin's wedding ceremony just because I had to meet my client's demand on 11th hour.

4. I earn as much as I want: Sometimes, it may be 'as less as…'. Yes, because it is not assured as an employee job. I believe, it does not need any more explanation.

5. I can keep a great balance in my career and personal life: Absolutely wrong. We all know the reason. Statistics say that telecommuters are more affected by the stress caused by the imbalance between personal life and professional life than a traditional worker.


0 comments:

Followers